Thy Art Is Murder - "They Will Know Another"

The newest single from the Sydney deathcore outfit offers us an interesting new glimpse of the band. This song, as well as a cover of Rammstein's "Du Hast" are the last two tracks they recorded with longtime vocalist CJ McMahon. They are set to appear on a mini album entitled The Depression Sessions (Aug 12) along with The Acacia Strain and Fit For An Autopsy. The song is lyrically different from their past work, as it deals with our careless abuse of the planet and the devaluation of human lives that comes with it. The visual accompaniment is equally depressing, stringing together footage of environmental and societal degradation. "I'm not afraid to die/I'm afraid I'll survive and have to watch you suffer," yells McMahon over a hammering breakdown. That line got to me, sending chills down my spine. I suppose if CJ is leaving the band, he might as well put all his emotions on the table for his last Thy Art offering.




Comments