Fire From The Gods

What can I say? I SLEPT ON THIS. I remember first listening to these guys' song "Pretenders" a while back and I was thoroughly unimpressed. But screw that. It was simply a blemish. After checking out their latest offering, "Excuse Me," I've changed my mind. Austin, Texas' Fire From the Gods are capable of a great things and it's apparent here. AJ Channer is an extremely dynamic vocalist who follows the style of Mike Hranica (The Devil Wears Prada). But not only can he growl, yell, and do cleans, but he can rap and sing in a Jamaican Patois. The band's heavy but followable rhythms take from metalcore, hardcore, deathcore (those breakdowns!), and nu metal. In a day an age where the shelf life of genres like those are getting shorter and shorter, Fire From The Gods are here to keep things fresh. Their album "Narrative" comes out next week on 8/26.


Comments