Trash Boat-"Nothing I Write Can Change What You've Been Through" (album)

When I first heard this band I thought to myself, "Ok so these guys are Knuckle Puck but British." I still stand with that statement. But it's not everyday that I come across a pop punk band as good as the latter, so what makes these guys stand out? Frontman Tobi Duncan has a voice that is raw and undeniably punk, but also tame at the right moments. I'd say it's most comparable with Parker Cannon's of The Story So Far, as can be said with their overall sound. Trash Boat's new record is the complete package when it comes to gritty and emotional punk rock. Hardcore-level ferocity on "How Selfish I Seem" contrasts with radio-friendly warmth on "Second Wind, which contrasts with overcaffeinated angst on "Eleven," which contrasts with the swaying anthem "The Guise of a Mother." But even among all the big differences from song to song, each cut from the album contains traces of these diverse qualities. Top that off with accented vocals, and you have a band that sounds fresh (at least to us Americans) over a whole record.

There's no complete playlist for this album available for streaming on the web, but all the songs can be found on Hopless Records' YouTube channel.

Comments