Skating Polly-"Hey Sweet"

Been keeping an eye on these girls for a month or so now, and I have to say they are one of the most unique bands out there. They're two girls from Oklahoma who have been making music together since they were 9 and 14 years old. Kelli (the younger one) plays bass and Peyton (the older one) plays drums. Their music seems to fall in line with the riot grrrll scene that was birthed in the 1990s from bands like Sleater Kinney and Bikini Kill. I'm loving this track, which for some reason gives me Slipknot vibes. I think it's a combination of the vocal delivery and the lyric "This won't hurt too badly, I'll just take your skin." The video is also quite original and perhaps ironic, as the duo film a large portion of it with a selfie stick (sooo does that make selfie sticks cool now?)


Comments